Terms & Conditions
Lanternshop Party Supplies and Event Hire Pty Ltd - Trading as Freemans Hire
Lanternshop Party Supplies and Event Hire Pty Ltd – trading as Freemans Hire shall be referred to as “Freemans Party Hire” from here on in. The Customer hiring the goods and entering into the contract will be referred to as the “Hirer” from here on in
Terms and conditions:
1. The Hirer enters into a contract and agrees and accepts the terms and conditions from the date they make a booking with Freemans Party Hire.
2. The Hirer may pick up their hired goods from Freemans Party Hire (12 Merritt Street, Capalaba) during opening hours. (Mon – Fri, 9am -5pm and Sat 9am – 1pm). It is not Freemans Party Hire's responsibility to carry or load items into your vehicle, however our friendly staff will be happy to assist. If hired goods are not returned by the said times, Freemans party Hire reserves the right to charge the extra nights rental to the Hirers credit card as pre authorized.
3. Freemans Party Hire reserves the right to change the prices/specials on the website at any time without notice.
4. The company/and or person who has made the booking is liable for all payment. Payment will be required before the event via Cash, Direct deposit or credit card. Only VISA and MasterCard credit cards are accepted.
5. Your booking will be confirmed once payment in full has been made. Until such time that payment has been received by Freemans Party Hire, the booking will remain as a ‘Quote’ only.
6. Freemans Party Hire may request credit card details or a bond to cover for any damages, theft, cleaning or inability to access the equipment to be picked up at the agreed time. By making a booking, you authorize for your credit card to be charged in the case that any equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, requires cleaning or is unable to be picked up.
7. Cancelled bookings within a 14 day period from the event date incur a non refundable charge of 70%. Amendments, alterations and any other changes to a confirmed paid booking, must be made at least 14 Days prior to the event date. Failure to do so will incur an administration charge of 10% of the total value of the original invoice. Any credit owing to a customer after an amendment has been made, will be offered as a credit toward future bookings. Cancellations made within 48 hours of a rental date/time, will not be refunded due to the products been unavailable for a remarketing period. By providing your credit card details, you give permission for Freemanshire to charge the card for any amendment fees incurred.
8. The delivery fee which is shown at the checkout is based on the distance from our Capalaba warehouse. The delivery charge will be shown at the checkout when you enter the postcode. Our standard delivery charge covers deliveries within business hours, Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am - 12 noon. If delivery or pickup is required outside of these hours, an after hours surcharge will apply. For more information or to make an outside of business hours delivery booking, please contact our team on (07) 3343 4600
9. The hire is for the term reflected on the contract unless agreed upon mutually in writing by both parties. Failure to return the equipment or inability for our drivers to access the equipment for pick up will incur a daily charge for the equipment for any days beyond the agreed hire period. This may be taken from the bond, and any additional charges incurred may be charged to a credit card or invoiced. If the hirer fails to return the equipment, the hirer gives us permission to enter the premises of where the equipment is held to collect the equipment without being responsible for any damages caused to enter the premises.
10. The Hirer accepts full responsibility for the equipment once they take possession of the equipment. The Hirer is liable for the replacement cost of any equipment that is stolen, goes missing, is vandalised or broken. The Hirer is liable for any damages caused to the equipment.
11. The Hirer is responsible for having someone available to take delivery of the equipment at the nominated date and time. If the Hirer fails to be there at that time, an additional delivery fee will be charged to re deliver the equipment at another time.
12.Freemans Party Hire does not set up the equipment apart from the Marquees and Sound equipment. All other equipment is the responsibility of the hirer to set up. Instructions can be provided if you are unsure about how to set up, or you can call our office for further advice. All equipment will be delivered to the front door or ground floor of an apartment building and placed neatly in the designated area for the hirer to set up in their own time. If you require goods to be carried further than the front door or to a higher level of an apartment, or If you require set up, this service can be offered for an additional hourly rate. Please contact our office on 3343 4600
13. The hirer assumes proper knowledge in the operation and handling of the equipment and follows OH&S policies and does not hold the Freemans Party Hire responsible for any injury caused to themselves or others whilst moving or setting up any equipment.
14. The equipment remains the property of Freemans Party Hire at all times.The Hirer may not transfer this contract to another party without written consent of Freemans Party Hire.
15. The Hirer must inspect and check all equipment and notify Freemans Party Hire at the time of delivery if there is any equipment missing, damaged or unfit for use. Failure to do so will see the Hirer responsible for any damages or missing equipment upon pick up.
16. No warranty is provided by Freemans Party Hire for the equipment’s fitness for any particular use.
17. The laws of QLD shall govern this agreement. Venue for any legal proceedings brought in connection with this contract shall be in QLD.
18. The Hirer agrees to defend, indemnify, assume liability for and hold Freemans Party Hire harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, suits, proceedings, penalties, expenses or other liabilities including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from the use of the Equipment, regardless of the basis.
19. The terms and conditions can only be amended by Freemans Party Hire.
20. Any changes to this contract must be written and signed by both Hirer and Freemans Party Hire. Oral agreements are non-binding. The latest contract supersedes all previous contracts between Hirer and Freemans Party Hire. This agreement binds and benefits the heirs, successors and assignees of the parties.
21. If any court determines that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, any invalidity or unenforceability will affect only that provision and will not make any other provision of this agreement invalid or unenforceable and shall be modified, amended or limited only to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable.
22. If one party waives any term or provision of this agreement at any time, that waiver will only be effective for the specific instance and specific purpose for which the waiver was given. If either party fails to exercise or delays exercising any of its rights or remedies under this agreement, that party retains the right to enforce that term or provision at a later time.
23. Goods that are required on the same day MUST be ordered before 10am on that same day. If the order is received after 10am, the supplier reserves the right to cancel the request and return any money paid by the hirer to the hirer. If you are urgently requiring goods for the same day and it is after 10am, contact the office on (07) 3343 4600 to discuss your requirements with the Hire coordinator.
24. Goods that are to be returned, must be returned no later than 10am on the day of the completion of the hire.
Plastic Indoor Outdoor Chairs
The chairs are all cleaned before your hire, however If you are using the chairs outdoors on grass or dirt, the chairs MUST be hosed off and dried before returning them to the warehouse. Failure to do so will result in a cleaning charge of $1 per chair. If you are placing stickers or name tags on the chairs, they must be removed before returning them.
Carpet Runners and Mats
All Mats and Carpet runners must be cleaned of Dirt, Sand or Residue. If the Mats or Carpet runners are returned mouldy, a replacement fee will be charged. Please use caution when using dark rose petals as these can lead to permanent stains.
Glassware, Cutlery and Dinnerware
All Cutlery, Crockery, Dinnerware, Glassware and Drink Dispensers are put through a commercial cleaner before your hire. However due to Department of Health regulations, all of these items MUST be rinsed free of any excess food or drink before returning to the Freemans Party Hire warehouse. If any items are returned with food or drink on them, there will be a charge of $1 per item to allow our staff to pre-clean the items before going into the commercial cleaner ready for the next customer.
Glassware, Cutlery and Dinnerware must be returned to the packaging provided before collection or return.