Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Lanternshop Party Supplies and Event Hire Pty Ltd - Trading as Freeman’s Party Hire
Lanternshop Party Supplies and Event Hire Pty Ltd – trading as Freeman’s Party Hire shall be referred to as “Freeman’s Hire” from here on in. The Customer hiring the goods and entering into the contract will be referred to as the “Customer” from here on in.
An “Authorized Credit Card” is the credit card that the Customer uses and gives permission to Freeman’s Hire for payment of the hire booking and for any further incidentals that may arise after the hire period has been completed.
Terms and conditions:
- The Customer enters into a contract and agrees and accepts the terms and conditions from the date they make a booking with Freeman’s Hire.
- The Customer may pick up their hired goods from the Freeman’s Hire showroom ( 12 Merritt Street, Capalaba ) during opening hours, (Mon – Fri, 9am -5pm and Sat 9am – 12 Noon). It is not Freeman’s Hire’s responsibility to carry or load items into your vehicle, however our friendly staff will be happy to assist. If hired goods are not returned by the said times, Freeman’s hire reserves the right to charge the extra nights rental to the Customer’s credit card as pre-authorized.
- Freeman’s Hire reserves the right to change the prices/specials on the website at any time without notice.
- The company/and or person who has made the booking is liable for all payment. Payment will be required before the event via credit card. Only VISA and MasterCard credit cards are accepted.
- The Customer’s booking will be confirmed once payment in full has been made. Until such time that payment has been received by Freeman’s Hire, the booking will remain as a ‘Quote’ only.
- By making a booking, the Customer authorizes their credit card to be charged in the case that any equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, requires cleaning or is unable to be picked up. Freeman’s Hire will notify the Customer via email with an invoice for the said payment for items, giving the Customer 24 hours notice for opportunity to respond. If no response is forthcoming after a period of 24 hours, the Customer authorizes Freeman’s Hire to deduct payment from the credit card that has been authorized at the time of purchase for the invoice.
- Canceled bookings and deletion of items from a hire agreement within a 7 day period from the event date incur a non refundable charge of 50% of total invoice value in the case of a full cancellation and 50% charge on items that have been deleted from an existing hire agreement. Amendments, alterations and any other changes to a confirmed paid booking, must be made at least 48 hours prior to the event date. IMPORTANT Bookings cannot be cancelled or edited within 48 hours of 10am on the expected first date of your booking. Cancelled orders or product deletions from a booking will not be refunded. If you wish to add products to your order, you can do so by raising a new booking so long as the items that you are requiring are available for your event. By providing your credit card details, the Customer gives permission for Freeman’s Hire to charge the card for any amendment fees incurred.
- The delivery fee which is shown at the checkout is based on the distance from our Capalaba warehouse and includes delivery to the Customers front door or entrance to the business. The delivery charge will be shown at the checkout when you enter the postcode. Our standard delivery charge covers deliveries within business hours, Monday to Friday. If delivery or pickup is required outside of these hours, carrying of items further than the front entrance, setting up items, collecting items from an area beyond the delivery point and any process that is beyond the general hiring of items, a surcharge will apply. The Customer authorizes Freeman’s Hire to deduct the payment of the said surcharges from the Customers authorized credit card. For more information or to make an outside of business hours delivery booking, please contact our team on (07) 3343 4600
- The hire is for the term reflected on the contract unless agreed upon mutually in writing by both parties. Failure to return the equipment or inability for our drivers to access the equipment for pick up will incur a daily charge for the equipment for any days beyond the agreed hire period. This will be deducted from the Customers authorized credit card. If the Customer fails to return the equipment, the Customer gives Freeman’s Hire permission to enter the premises of where the equipment is held to collect the equipment without being responsible for any damages caused to enter the premises.
- The Customer accepts full responsibility for the equipment once they take possession of the equipment. The Customer is liable for the replacement cost of any equipment that is stolen, goes missing, is vandalized or broken. If goods are either lost, stolen, broken beyond use or misplaced, the customer will be liable to pay the full replacement cost of that particular item/s. A list of replacement cost will be made available to the customer upon request.
- The Customer is responsible for having someone available to take delivery of the equipment at the nominated date and time. If the Customer fails to be there at that time, an additional delivery fee will be charged to re deliver the equipment at another time.
- Freeman’s Hire does not set up the equipment apart from the Marquees and Sound equipment. All other equipment is the responsibility of the Customer to set up. Instructions can be provided if you are unsure about how to set up, or you can call our office for further advice. All equipment will be placed neatly in a designated area for the Customer to set up in their own time. If you require set up, this service can be offered for an additional hourly rate.
- The Customer assumes proper knowledge in the operation and handling of the equipment and follows OH&S policies and does not hold Freeman’s Hire responsible for any injury caused to themselves or others whilst moving or setting up any equipment.
- The equipment remains the property of Freeman's Hire at all times. The Customer may not transfer this contract to another party without written consent of Supplier.
- The Customer must inspect and check all equipment and notify Freeman’s Hire at the time of delivery if there is any equipment missing, damaged or unfit for use. If the Customer fails to notify freeman’s Hire of any unacceptable issues or items upon the delivery or collection of goods, then it is deemed that the Customer is satisfied and in acceptance of the items in their possession. Failure to do so will see the Customer responsible for any damages or missing equipment upon return to Freeman’s Hire warehouse..
- No warranty is provided by Freeman’s Hire for the equipment’s fitness for any particular use.
- The laws of QLD shall govern this agreement. Venue for any legal proceedings brought in connection with this contract shall be in QLD.
- The Customer agrees to defend, indemnify, assume liability for and hold freeman’s Hire harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, suits, proceedings, penalties, expenses or other liabilities including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from the use of the Equipment, regardless of the basis.
- The terms and conditions can only be amended by Freeman’s Hire.
- Any changes to this contract must be written and signed by both The Customer and Freeman’s Hire. Oral agreements are non-binding. The latest contract supersedes all previous contracts between The Customer and Freeman’s Hire. This agreement binds and benefits the heirs, successors and assignees of the parties.
- If any court determines that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, any invalidity or unenforceability will affect only that provision and will not make any other provision of this agreement invalid or unenforceable and shall be modified, amended or limited only to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable.
- If one party waives any term or provision of this agreement at any time, that waiver will only be effective for the specific instance and specific purpose for which the waiver was given. If either party fails to exercise or delays exercising any of its rights or remedies under this agreement, that party retains the right to enforce that term or provision at a later time.
- Goods that are required on the same day MUST be ordered before 10am on that same day. If the order is received after 10am, Freeman’s Hire reserves the right to cancel the request and return any money paid by the Customer to the Customer. If you are urgently requiring goods for the same day and it is after 10am, contact the office on (07) 3390 3034 to discuss your requirements with the Hire coordinator.
- If chairs get wet, please ensure that they are dry for returning.
- Remove any name tags, stickers, or markers stuck to them.
- Mats and carpets must be cleaned of any dirt, sand or residue.
- If mats, carpets or fabric items get irrevocably mouldy, a replacement fee will be charged
- Please show caution if using dark rose petals, as these can lead to permanent stains.
- Glassware and vases must be washed and returned to their supplied packaging.
- Please ensure seat covers are not returned inside out.
- Chair sashes are to be folded as supplied.
- Americana chairs must not be left in the rain.